Operations Support Manager
- Department / Function
- Supply Chain
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic & enthusiastic Interim Implementation manager to support the Logistics & Operational team. This would be a great opportunity to gain broader operational knowledge as well as Project Management experience across a broad range of exciting initiatives & disciplines.
The Operations Support Manager will be responsible for coordinating activity coming out of the operational PMO, ensuring projects are implemented correctly and in a timely manner, with results being tracekd to ensure the objectives have been achieved. Along side implementing projects that have already been identified the successful candidate will also be expected to identify areas for continuous improvement within the operation, feeding in to the PMO process for sign off and implementation.
Please note this is a 6month FTC
- Form part of the operational team for design and implementation of Depot projects
- Lead operational improvement initiatives driven by Operational PMO
- Support Head of Operational PMO, taking ownership of workstreams and coordinating with appropriate business departments.
- Support Depots in the operational management and full utilisation of the ERP platform providing training where required
- Support Depots in the management and full utilisation of the WMS platform, providing training where required
- Maintain and periodically review Operational SOP’s in line with new legislation and ways of working.
- Assist and support the depot operation to deliver warehouse efficiencies.
- Develop business cases to recommend continues improvement projects
- Manage and maintain the relationship with the external and internal stakeholders
- Apply logistics and continues improvement modelling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement
- Analyse or interpret data involving consumption, forecasting, procurement, inventory, transportation, and warehousing.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current or future operations processes and identify improvement opportunities and solve problems in a way that is practical and sustainable
- Project Management Experience
- 2 years + managing depot operations
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Experience of mananging a 3PL relationship
- PRINCE 2 Project Management
Matthew Clark is one of the UK’s biggest wholesalers in the drinks industry. Our Logistics team operates on a regional basis with a focus on delivering a first class service to our customers.
Come and join our team and you won’t just get great rewards, you’ll have every opportunity to move forward along with our fast-evolving business.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits:
- 34 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- The option to buy a further week’s holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering vouchers, discounts and lots more
- Most importantly an excellent working environment with the opportunity to progress
- Full job description