Transport Team Leader
- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
It’s not just getting stock to customers, it’s ensuring the depot runs like clockwork.
Think you could mastermind deliveries for hundreds of customers across the region? And manage a sizeable fleet with scores of Drivers? It’s all in a day’s work when you’re a Transport Controller at Matthew Clark. The biggest name in the UK drinks industry, we supply thousands of pubs, clubs, restaurants, bars and more. Right now, we’re growing fast and building a brilliant team. Join us, and you can expect fantastic rewards, plus the chance to progress with our business!
Working with your fellow Transport Operations Controller and Transport Team Leaders, your key objectives are to manage a team of drivers and mates ensuring operational KPI's are met whilst maintaining compliance and process quality standards.
- Organise the team and fleet of vehicles to ensure performance levels are achieved and the transport operation achieves targets within budget.
- Using Paragon, undertake transport planning on a daily basis to ensure that the appropriate fleet is deployed to meet customer service requirements.
- To regularly review delivery routes to identify improvements to customer service whilst minimising costs.
- To oversee employee Induction and H&S training for all new employees; and refresher training for all existing staff as required.
- Prepare driver tachographs/cards for monthly analysis and ensure MC drivers work within all Legal requirements of Drivers Hours & Working time Directives.
- To oversee the daily debrief of all delivery teams checking paperwork has been returned and completed within depot guidelines.
- Two shifts 0530-1330, 1000-1800. Shifts to be rotated to ensure full scope of role is understood.
For more information on the role, please see job description attached
- Experience of load planning, preferably users of Paragon.
- Previous experience of distribution/transport
- Transport Office Experience
- Customer Service Skills
- Good IT Skills
- Experience Of Managing People
- Knowledge Of EU Drivers Hours Regulations
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- The option to buy a further week’s holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering vouchers, discounts and lots more
- Most importantly an excellent working environment with the opportunity to progress
- Full job description