- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
At Matthew Clark, our great brands and brilliant people are taking our business further. A market leader in the UK drinks industry, we’ve got big ideas and ambitious plans in the pipeline. That makes it an exciting time to be here, with all sorts of opportunities.
We are recruiting for a Second Chef to join our restaurant, working as part of a team, you'll provide high quality restaurant service to the staff and visitors to the site and when needed, be able to deputise for the head chef.
What You'll Do
- Preparation of hot and cold food.
- Assists in the preparation of menus and ordering of food stuffs
- Ensures that the food is prepared in accordance with Company hygiene procedures , e.g temperatures are recorded, samples are taken, foodstuffs are stored safely and hygienically.
- Ensures that dishes are produced to required standards of quality and presentation for service.
- Ensures that work area is cleaned and cleared.
- Demonstrates excellent standards of customer service.
- Assist in the purchase of supplies ensuring that they area properly issued, used and accounted for.
- Assist in monthly stock take and food rotation procedures. Record all information appropriately
- Assist in maintaining records related to food production activities and supplies as required
- You'll have working knowledge of basic kitchen equipment
- Ability to develop good working relationships within a team and customers
- You'll work in an organised manner and prioritised task to achieve objectives and goals of the department
- Have an understanding and awareness of the need for good safety processes and procedures
Working hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am - 3.30pm
What we offer
- 26 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) - with the option to buy a further week
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Life assurance, plus access to staff sales, a cycle to work scheme, and a whole lot more!
- Full job description