- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
It’s not just getting stock to customers, it’s ensuring the depot runs like clockwork.
Think you could mastermind deliveries for hundreds of customers across the region? And manage a sizeable fleet with scores of Drivers? It’s all in a day’s work when you’re a Load Planner at Matthew Clark. The biggest name in the UK drinks industry, we supply thousands of pubs, clubs, restaurants, bars and more. Right now, we’re growing fast and building a brilliant team. Join us, and you can expect fantastic rewards, plus the chance to progress with our business!
What you'll do
- Assign work to the drivers and their required mates maximising both vehicle and manpower utilisation, following up on actual performance and taking corrective action as required.
- Ensure the drivers and mates adhere to the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) using them to plan and lead working practices.
- Undertake transport planning using Paragon on a daily basis to ensure that the appropriate fleet is deployed to meet customer service requirements, to regularly review delivery routes to identify improvements whilst minimising costs of delivery.
- Ensure all drivers and mates are fully inducted into their roles and that training sessions are fully supported. Maintain detailed records and identify further training / retraining.
- Ensure that all vehicles and associated equipment are operated in the appropriate manner meeting all current driver and vehicle legislation and within Company Policy.
- Ensure that all transport statistics are produced in a timely fashion for internal and external consumption.
- Ensure that all drivers and mates are aware of and comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Fire regulations, and that the approved Matthew Clark uniform and Safety wear is worn by all staff at all times.
- Complete processing of orders, production of pick lists and despatch notes and load sheets in accordance with depot procedures.
- Assist the Late- shift Warehouse Manager as required.
In this role, being organised is only the start. You also need to be motivated, adaptable and able to take the initiative. Experience in Distribution, ideally in a Transport Office, is a definite must. With this background, you’ll know all about stock control, key warehouse systems and regulations, for example EU Drivers’ Hours and software such as Optrak. However, it’s your people skills that will make all the difference.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits:
- 26 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) - with the option to buy a further week
- A Contributory Pension Scheme
- A Discretionary Bonus Scheme and Share Incentive Plan (subject to eligibility)
- Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme, retail & leisure savings, and lots more!
We work with some fantastic people, we’re passionate about what we do and we have some fun along the way! Join us and you could have a career for life. If you want to know more about us and our work, take a look here or here. If this all resonates with you, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Full job description