- Department / Function
- Contract Type
- Working Pattern
- Job Advert Description
It’s not just delivering drinks, it’s delivering first class service.
We’re the UK’s biggest drinks supplier and we're looking for experienced HGV Drivers to join us. It’s your chance to enjoy great rewards and be part of a fantastic team delivering drinks products to pubs, clubs and restaurants right across the region.
You will be managing the Transport Operation (Drivers / Mates) on a day to day basis, maintaining the highest customer services requirements and H&S standards at lowest delivery costs.
The role will consist of ensuring all crews depart on time in full, followed by deliveries being made throughout the area. The role will be a split requirement of 50% office based ensuring crews and vehicles depart on time in full, and ensuring all issues are dealt with accordingly. A further 50% carried out on the road delivering to accounts and carrying out Drop Risk Assessments.
What you'll do as our Senior Driver
- You'll assist drivers in delivering orders to customers in a courteous and efficient manner as tasked.
- Assist drivers in recording, deliveries, collections, returns, shortages and empties accurately and assisting the driver in locating customer premises by map reading or experience.
- To assist drivers as required. (If accompanying Agency/Temp drivers, to be responsible for all paperwork and cash collection in accordance with SOP’s).
- Adhering with all company health and safety policies and current legislation whilst at work at all times.
- You'll also act as the point of contact between the depot and customer services as and when required.
- In conjunction with the driver, to ensure that loads are maintained in a safe and stable manner so as to minimise the possibility of damage to stock or injury to persons.
- Deliver daily drops in a range of vehicles Inc (Class 1, Class 2 a small van and an 8.3 ton vehicle) ensuring all deliveries are made on time in full when required.
For further details please click apply to view the job description
What we offer our Senior Drivers
We offer a competitive salary along with a range of excellent benefits:
- 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- The option to buy a further week’s holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A benefits scheme offering vouchers, discounts and lots more
- Most importantly an excellent working environment with the opportunity to progress
Matthew Clark is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Full job description